Thursday, July 16, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Wednesday July 15th 2009.  Maplewood, MN

I have to finish with Tuesday evening.  We had dinner at Cassetta’s Restaurant with friends Sandy and Gary Weis.  P1030959 P1030961

Cossetta’s is an Italian market and Pizzeria.  It was started in 1911 in a small house on the levee off West 7th Street in St. Paul.

They serve the best NY style pizza in Minnesota.  Also on the menu my favorite, mostaccioli yum.  Chicken cacciatore, veal parmigiana, lasagna, meatball sandwiches and tons of other items are prepared and served deli style.  But the big draw is the pizza thick cheesy and loaded with toppings. 

On Wednesdays we have breakfast with the Wednesday morning breakfast club, when we are in town.  Every week we meet, eat and have lots of laughs.  Sometimes there may only be 5 of us other times up to 10.  My Dad is one of the participants, he has not missed a Wed. in over  3 years.  

P1030962

Starting on the left, Mike, Barb, Rose, Merlin (my dad).  On the right Bob, Kathy, Dar, Samantha and Joni.  Our daughter Sherry was a tad late so missed her in the picture.  Just a fun bunch of people.

The afternoon brought another appointment, the physical therapist who is trying to make my right arm stop throbbing with pain.  Well he is giving up on me and sending me back to my primary  doctor, who will send me onto an orthopedic surgeon.  To bad they couldn’t do both arms at the same time.  I see my primary doctor Friday for a pre surgery physical for the left arm which will be taken care of on Monday.

Wednesday evening friends Claire and Richard Eisinger called and wanted to know if we were free for dinner.  Oh boy we jumped at that, no cooking again.  You suppose I will be loosing the 5 pounds the doctor wanted gone by my next visit. 

P1030963 


We ate at Barker’s Bar and Grill, in Hudson WI.  Hudson is another historic river town, located on the St. Croix River.  They have the best hand cut home made french fries. 

The atmosphere at Barker’s is amazing, built in the early 1900’s and renovated in 1988.  It still has the original tin ceiling, English brick facade and beautiful red oak woodwork. 

P1030964 

Annie, waitress with an attitude.  After she took our picture she took one of herself.  Just the best waitress in the place and fun. 

 

No comments: