Tuesday, March 3, 2009

On The Road Again

After one month of setting in Tucson, we are finally on the road.   We drove 140 miles to Gila Bend, AZ.  We are staying in a Elks Club parking lot, if your a member you can stay for $5.00 a day.  There are no hooks ups just dry camping, which works just fine for us, as we are only spending the night.  Our destination Tomorrow is Quartzsite for 2 nights, also no hookups but it’s free.  Then unto Laughlin, for a couple of nights.  Sure is nice to be on the road again. 

Mike caught another mouse, that makes two.  This one was much smaller than the last one.  Hope we have them all now.  He did reset the traps so will see in the morning.

We went out to dinner tonight, and when we pulled into the Elks parking lot, a rattle snake was in the driveway.  I have never encountered a rattler so it was quit exciting.  I had to get out of the car to check it out, Mike was not very happy with me, but what’s a curious person to do.  It was pretty big about 3 feet long, no youngster.  Steve went into the club and told them about it.  One guy came out with a shovel and beheaded it.  He did keep the body, not sure what for, maybe a trophy.   Sure wish I had my camera with. 

I do have a picture of the dead mouse in a trap, but I thought better of posting it.  I think it’s pretty cool, but I am sure not everyone thinks the way I do.  

No comments: