Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tatchun Creek to Dawson City

Sunday June 24th thru Tuesday June 26th 2012

It was 209 miles from the Creek to Dawson City, we stopped at one of the best known roadhouses in the north, Moose Creek Lodge for a little lunch.  This is one of the few times we have eaten out, eating out is very expensive in this part of the country. 

P1100694 P1100672 P1100677 

I said in my last post the mosquitos have not been bad, I now will say they are really bad here.  The third pic is a giant mosquito. 

Moose Creek Lodge P1100674

Somebody here is very talented wood carver, there are many carvings on the property.

P1100685 P1100686 P1100687

I think I found my man, he has a tub, a washing machine and a cabin, what more could a women ask for.  I have none of the above. 

Old Loggers cabin

The highways have not been real bad, not good, but not terrible. 

sP1100668

The frost heaves are usually marked with an orange flag.  If not you can tell by the tire marks on the highway. 

P1100645 P1100648 P1100660

We had lots of wildflowers growing along the highway.  How would like to ride your bike in this country?  Not for me, give me the comfort of my MH.

I think we pulled into Dawson City about 3 PM.  The first thing we do in every town is stop at the visitor center and get information on what's to see.  Everyone of the visitor centers has been so helpful in helping us plan our stays in their city.

The first thing we did was find a place to stay, it happens to be on the other side of the Yukon River, no bridge, put the MH of a ferry a very small ferry.

P1100702 

Lucy was not very impressed with things so far.  She evidently has not seen the ferry yet.

DSC_0038 DSC_0049 DSC_0052

DSC_0055

I was just a little worried when I saw the size of the ferry, are we going to fit on that.  Well we did, and Steve took the pictures for us.  Only one large MH at a time.  They did squeeze a few cars on with us.  When Steve and Sandy came over they had a little mishap the people that direct you on and off the ferry did not do a very good job, a small pickup with a camper got one of Steve’s big mirrors and gave it good whack a some pretty deep gouges.

 P1100722 P1100762

We stayed in West Dawson at another government campground. 

 

No comments: