Saturday, August 1, 2009

Slow Learners and Catch Of The Day

Friday July 31, 2009 Big Balsam Camp and Resort

Mike made breakfast again this morning, French Toast, and sausages. Boy was it good, and of course I ate way to much.  But that’s okay Sandy and I are going for a walk after we eat.  It was a little cloudy when we left but I promised Sandy it wouldn’t rain.   Mike was being smart and asked if we were bringing our rain gear with, I just laughed at him.  Well guess what we got wet again, not as bad as yesterday, however we were pretty drenched by the time we arrived back at the MH.  We walked 3 miles today, so nice walking without traffic and road noise.

Al and Mike went fishing in the early afternoon for about 2 1/2 hours a came back with a great catch.

P1040249 P1040251

Nice stringer of northern.  

P1040257 P1040252

Sandy wishing she had been out fishing with them.  I talked her into going into town shopping, big mistake.  She would much rather have been fishing. 

P1040259

Sandy’s having quite the time getting into the boat.  Her and Mike did a little fishing later in the evening.  They came back with 2 northern and a few sunfish. 

Sandy is leaving on Saturday, she has to work the midnight shift that night.  I will be traveling back to the cities with her.  Hope to be back here Monday or Tuesday.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi... so glad I found your blog. We leave for Big Balsam on Saturday the 8th for our weeks vacation. It has been 7 or 8 years since we have been up there. We are so excited! I cant wait to show my husband the fish pictures and I look forward to take some sunset pictures of my own.

Thanks

Lisa and Family

Sandy said...

Lisa look us when you get here.