Monday, August 24, 2009

A Little Set Back

Monday August 24th 2009  Big Balsam Camp and Resort

I had a little accident Sunday, I tripped on the top step going into the MH and fell.  Caught myself with my right arm, and jammed my shoulder, oh boy did that hurt.  Seems to be doing better today.  All the progress I was making with movement in that shoulder is shot, it’s like starting from scratch.  I had been off the pain meds for a few days, but started taking some after the fall, hopefully only for a day or two. 

I do have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow afternoon.  We are just taking the truck back to the cities, and coming back here right after I see the doctor. 

Mike is finishing up on the men’s bathroom today.  Then he gets to start on another one.  He is very excited.  

The weather has improved greatly the sun is out and it has warmed up.  Sure hope it stays this way for the next 2 weeks. 

A childhood neighbor, Joe Kelly came to the resort Saturday.  His family lived next door to us when we were all in grade school.  They spent a few summers up here at the resort also.  He was checking the place out and is thinking of renting the lodge for a vacation next year.  I was sorry I missed him, as I was napping.  I did see him and his family in 2000 for a short time at his mother’s memorial service.  Maybe next summer, we will see him here at the lake.

1 comment:

Bobbie and Jim said...

So sorry to hear about your set back. Keep up your spirits. Bobbie