Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Partly Sunny Day

I really don’t mind the cloudy days, I get lots of reading done.

I just finished The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.  He was asked to give a last lecture at Carnegie Mellon University were he was a professor. This was right after he was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer.  The name of his lecture was “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dream”  This was Sept 18, 2007.  He passed away July 25th 2008.

The Last Lecture is one of my now favorite books.  I would recommend it for everyone.  

For fun I have been reading a series by Nevada Barr.  The main character is Anna Pigeon a Ranger with the National Park Service.  The first book Track The Cat, was okay, but nothing special.  The second one, Superior Death, was much better, really enjoyed it.  Lots of funny thinks happening on Isle Royal in Lake Superior.  There are 4 more books in the series, looking forward to reading them. 

I just started the 4th and final book in the Twilight series, by Stephanie Meyer.  You have to like vampires and werewolves to read her books.  In Stephanie's books the Vamps and wolves are good.  Well most of them are good, you do have the evil ones, but good always over powers evil.  

1 comment:

Bobbie and Jim said...

I also enjoyed reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. It is also one of my favorites, along with "Secret Life of Bees".

Imperial Dam looks so inviting...maybe next year. I love the idea of being camped by the water.

Miss you both so much.