Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Anniversary

Tuesday June 23, 2009 Big Balsam Lake, Grand Rapids, MN

Nineteen years we have been married.  Truly the best years of my life.  I was very lucky when I met Mike and fell in love with him.  He is also very lucky to have me as his wife.  Our first date I asked him out, I  got tired of waiting for him to ask me.  I guess he was shy, or playing hard to get.  Everything is history after that first date.  What a great guy.  

We had fish marinated in teriyaki sauce and then grilled, and a potato salad made with vinegar and mustard, oh so good.  Mike and our neighbor Al grilled the fish and they did a fine job.  Gordy and Jackie were gone for the day so we pretty much just hung around the resort.

The day started sunny and warm, by afternoon it had clouded up and rained for about an hour.  The sun came back about 2:00 and boy did it get humid again.  I think the temp topped out at 89. 

I started beading a new bracelet for a friend just about got it done, just a few more things to add to it.  I will take a picture and post it when it is finished.   Also started a new book, Killing Floor by Lee Child, another new author for me.  Mike just finished reading the book and really enjoyed it. 

Mike is back to taking pictures of the sunsets and here is one from the other night.

P1030435 

 

2 comments:

Chasingthe70s said...

Happy anniversary, and that is a good shot of the lake and sunset.

Sandy & Steve said...

Happy Anniversary you two. Love your pix. & love the Hummingbird ones. Fantastic Sunset.
Sandy & Steve