Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Days Just Keep Getting Better

Friday June 26th Big Balsam Camp and Resort

Today was pretty much the same as yesterday, I sat outside and did some reading and a little beading.  I finished a necklace I started a few months back. Still working on the bracelet is started this week, I should finish it today.

P1030461

P1030462

I love the colors, turned out pretty good. 


There is nothing better then sitting outside the MH and watching the kids swimming in the lake and the fishermen in their boats going out to get the catch of the day.  Another perfect day.  Can you tell I love it at the lake.

Mike is delivering flyers to all the cabins on the lake for our 2nd annual flotilla.  We have everyone meet in the bay in front of the resort and go once around the lake.  We had 20 boats participate last year, all decorated for the 4th of July holiday. 

After the boat parade Gordy and Jackie (the owners of the resort) have an old fashion picnic in the campground for all the guests staying at the resort.  In the evening Gordy puts on a huge fireworks display that will rival any small town celebration. 

Went to dinner tonight at the Scenic Pines Restaurant.  I would like to give a good revue but in my opinion the food is just not that good, and a bit over priced.  Place has great atmosphere and the staff is very friendly, and we had wonderful service.  Mike had a fried chicken dinner, the chicken very dry no moisture left in it at all.  I had a parmesan chickens sandwich, the bun was so big I had a difficult time finding the chicken.  I think we will stick with burgers they make a pretty good hamburger.

P1030481 

P1030482

P1030483

P1030490

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: