Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day A Time To Remember

Monday May 25th Big Balsam Lake Grand Rapids, MN

Mike and I are thankful to all the men and women who have served in the military over the years.  Mike served in Vietnam, my dad, Merlin Mc Calla served in World War 2, Rich, our son and David, our son-in-law served during Desert Storm.  Our daughter Teresa was in the reserves during Desert Storm.  Please remember all the men and women who gave their lives and time for our freedom.

Mike and I have so much to be thankful for, family, friends, freedom and the wonderful life of traveling and seeing our great country and meeting new people.

Today was the end of the holiday weekend here at the lake.  Everybody went home except Ken, LeeAnn and their grandkids, Carson and Conrad they will leave Tuesday morning.

P1030319

Here we are lining up for our yearly good bye picture.  Some will be back for the 4th of July celebration.  Always another good time.

P1030315

The kids and grandkids, Natalie, Ryan, Clayton, Lizzy, Carson and Conrad.  A bunch of great kids.

Big Balsam Lake 20091

As you can tell it’s a bit chilly this morning, we all have jackets on, a far cry from yesterdays warm and sunny day.

P1030330

We call them the lodge people.  

When Mike started coming up here with me 24 years ago we stayed here in the lodge with the kids, grandkids, and friends.  Since then it has been remolded, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a huge kitchen and living room.  A large porch to site on in the evenings.  24 years later our kids are still staying in the lodge.  Mike and I have not missed a year at the lake.  I started coming up here when I was 5 years old with my mom, dad and sister every summer.  I did miss quite a few years when my kids were growing up.  I have very fond memories of this place and the people who run it.  

P1030329

Mike and I ready for another fun in the sun summer at the lake.

P1030334 \

Mike you lied to me, for 24 years he told me he never cleaned a fish.  I have doing all the fish cleaning, not that I minded, well I guess I did mind.  He would always watch me clean them and he would bag the fish up when I finished. 

Him and Ken came in from fishing Monday evening and he wanted the filet knife and off he went.  He said he watched me clean fish all those years and he picked it up, ya right. Just call me sucker. 

Thanks to everyone that spent the weekend at the lake with us, we had so much fun, hope you all did too.

1 comment:

Lee Ann & Ken said...

Great pictures and great time had by all thank you