Friday, April 20, 2012

Onto Crescent City California

Thursday April 19th 2012

Another travel day, once again we woke up to rain.  It rained all day yesterday and the day before and the day before that.  I think we are growing moss on our backs and mushrooms between our toes.  That’s must be the reason I posted the picture of my feet so I could show you the before and after pics.

Elk highway 101 going to Cresent City  P1090626 Highway 101 going to Cresent City

We traveled Highway 101 to Newton B Drury Scenic Parkway, with all the old growth and then back onto 101.

Finally we saw some Elk, there were signs everywhere stating Elk crossings but never saw any until today.  In the first picture some Elk lying down in the field.  The next picture the deer did not realize they were in an Elk area. The third is just a really nice picture of the ocean when it’s raining.

P1090638  P1090646 P1090659

I guess if you live in the northwest you work rain or shine.  Passed many road construction workers today. 

We took a side trip thru another old grove redwood forest along a river.  I just can’t believe how green everything is, but what do expect with all the rain they have. 

P1090664 P1090665

Mike thought if he had his picture taken next to the big old stump he would look like he lost some more weight, not so.

I just finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James. A very interesting book, an erotic romance. Not for everyone, but I liked it.  I have never read an erotic romance before and not sure I would again, although this is a trilogy and I may have to read the other two books. 

No comments: