Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Perfect Weather And Lemon Meringue Pie

The weather has been perfect here in the desert.  In the 80s with only a slight breeze, just right in the shade. 

Nancy made Mike’s favorite pie, her famous lemon meringue pie for desert one afternoon.  Oh boy was Mike in heaven. 

We are camped next to the All American CanalMike and I walk for an hour every morning, well just about every morning, along the canal.  Mike thinks instead of going to the laundry mat I could get a couple of rocks and do the wash in the canal (I don’t think so). 

P1050176

P1050175 P1050178

North east from the hydroelectric plant the canal is done in concrete in the other direction it is all natural.   As you can see there is a road that runs along the canal and that’s were we walk.

A few wild flowers are starting to bloom.

P1050181 P1050200

P1050195 P1050196

I wish I could identify the flowerers for you, but I have no idea.  I should probably  get a book of wildflowers in the desert so I know what I am taking pictures of.

P1050202 

So far this is the most wildlife we have seen in this area, other then the birds.   Ants everywhere, big ants. 

P1050204 P1050206

The first picture is looking at the MH from the direction of the canal.  The second picture is our MH, Steve and Sandy’s and last is Charles and Nancy’s. 

No comments: