Friday, May 11, 2012

Monkey Tree and Tulips

Friday May 11th 2012

Friday was another sunny warm day, a good time to see some sights here in Northern Washington.  On our way to Skagit Valley to see the tulips, we stopped in Sedro Woolley, a small town up river from Concrete. They have a Monkey tree.  This is not the first one we have seen in WA, but it is the only one I got a picture of.

Monkey Tree Sedro Woolley  P1090855

I have never heard of a Monkey Tree and here they are in Washington.  I’m not sure if they are native to Washington or where they come from.

Skagit Valley is known for it’s tulips, they have a festival every year, but we happen to be in MN when it was happening.  The fields of tulips were done blooming when we visited, but we stopped at RoozenGaardes to look at their tulips.  They have more then a 1/4 million bulbs that bloom every spring. 

Roozen Gardens  P1090864 

P1090866 Tulip Skagit Valley Washington

My camera battery died before I got all the pictures I wanted so Steve and Sandy let me download some the took.

Snow valley Tulip Freeman Tulip DSCN0042

DSCN0049 DSCN0054

They gardens also have daffodils, and irises and an authentic Dutch windmill. Mount Baker and the Cascades provide a scenic backdrop for the gardens.

I went on line and did find some pictures of the fields of Tulips.

 

roozengaarde4 tuliptown2 tuliptown3

 

No comments: