Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day Three New York City

Monday October 4th 2010

Up early again, 4:30am.  Breakfast is catered every morning,  but who can eat at 6am.  I just grab a bagel and put it in my back pack for later.

Today started by driving by some more landmarks.  First was Yankee Stadium, then the Brooklyn Bridge.

DSC_0014   Yankee Stadium 

The Empire State Building.

Empire State Building We didn’t have the opportunity to go to the top of the Empire State Building  but I did go to the top when I was a teenager.

The Bull on Wall Street

The Bull on Wall Street

This was taken from the bus window, a drive by, it was raining pretty good as it has must of our time here in New York.

Grand Central Terminal

Grand Central Terminal Grand central Terminal

Rockefeller Plaza, the ice rink.  They were getting it ready to flood, but with all the rain maybe it will be done by Mother Nature.  

Rockefeller Center Ice Rink

I remember as a teenage walking around China Town and I loved, it was very exciting and still is.

China Town Dollar Store in China Town

I don’t remember seeing a dollar store back in the 60s.

We  ate lunch in Little Italy  

We spent time on our own in China Town and Little Italy.  We ate lunch at a nice Italian restaurant, the food was very tasty.  I would certainly eat here again.

After lunch we toured St. Patrick's Cathedral. 

DSC_0040  St. Patricks

P1070661

We saw so much I can’t remember where this was taken, but it sure is a nice picture.

P1070668

Why is there no standing on this street.  I found out you can not pull your car, cab or bus over here, not for any reason. 

This was our last day in the city with the tour.  Mike and I will be back on Thursday for the Letterman show. 

No comments: